Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by Lifemax Limited. Where these terms and conditions use terms such as "we", "us" and "our" they refer to Lifemax Limited, Nutrix Care Systems, Friends & Family or any of our other brands we may use from time to time.
3. By visiting our website and/or purchasing something from us, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. You can view the most current version of these terms and conditions at any time by visiting this website page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions, without prior notice to you, by posting updates on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page on each visit to your website, read these terms and conditions and ensure you understand them before making a purchase.
5. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
6. Any content that you enter onto this website may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and may involve changes in order to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for commercial gain, or otherwise, any portion of any of the content on the website or any other part of the service that we offer on this website unless directly authorised to do so as our trade customer.
8. If you are the copyright owner of any material on our website, and you are unhappy with our use or credit of your copyright, please contact us and we will address this immediately.
9. Headings and titles used on this website are done so for convenience only. They do not constitute any part of the terms and conditions and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms herein.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
10. Our website offers a range of products and or services for sale. Where we refer to an 'item' we are referring to a single product or service available for purchase on this website.
11. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
12. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing. This extends to the design and packaging of the product.
13. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent or your trade credit account is currently on stop
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
14. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
15. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
16. All goods remain the property of Lifemax Limited until settled in full. These terms supersede any other written or implied agreement.
MODIFICATIONS TO OUR SERVICE AND PRICING
17. Prices for items are subject to change without notice unless specifically agreed to be held for an extended period as our trade customer.
18. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or discontinue any part of the service that we offer, or any part of content thereof, without any notice to you.
19. We accept no liability to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
20. During checkout, you may be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
21. Where you select a "next day delivery" option, orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays may not be despatched for delivery until the following Monday and so may not be received until Tuesday.
22. Where goods are returned to us due to an incorrectly provided delivery address, failure to settle a customs charge or following a failed delivery after a reasonable number of attempts, we reserve the right to charge for re-delivery or to refund the cost of the order excluding carriage.
23. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
24. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request, our refund policy will apply.
25. Where you have ordered a personalised, perishable or time critical item (such as food, newspapers, event tickets or e-vouchers) you may not be able to cancel for a full refund.
REVIEWS AND TESTIMONIALS
26. We may occasionally offer a facility to submit reviews relating to our products and services, before submitted please note:
i) You must not submit any material unless you are the copyright holder or have the express permission of the copyright holder to agree to these terms and conditions.
ii) By submitting material, you hereby grant us an irrevocable licence to use such material for any marketing, promotional or commercial purpose as we see fit without any payment being due to the copyright holder.
ii) Publication of any submitted material is solely at our discretion and no reason need be given if we decide not to publish any particular material.
iv) We reserve the right to edit all material submitted. You may request that we remove such comments at any time and we will abide by any such request where it is reasonable to do so.
27. The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
i) Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
ii) Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites. Lifemax Limited is obliged under these regulations to offer our retail customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us. For example, if a you bought a new High Vision Reading Light from us we would accept your old Reading Light and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely.
28. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item, along with a proof of purchase for the replacement item. The item should be returned in a clean condition to:
Lifemax Limited Take-Back Scheme.
1 Pipers Court,
29. Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
30. We shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
31. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
34. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
35. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure nor liable for any loss that you incur, howsoever caused.
36. Your statutory rights are not affected by any of the above.
Lifemax Limited. Company Reg: 04666712 in England and Wales
We would like to acknowledge the use of the following media resources on this website.
Images from www.freepik.com
Headache photo created by gpointstudio
Massage therapist photo
Caregiver photo created by DCStudio
Grandparents photo created by freepik
Man with Alzheimers photo created by Freepik
Man in suit photo created by Freepik
Senior woman photo created by graystudiopro1